In 2016 will have a particular interest in tracking the implementation and delivery of Innovation 2020 – the government’s new strategy for research and development, science and technology.
The objective of the Ibec innovation, science and technology committee is to:
- Provide leadership and a collective voice to Irish business in relation to innovation, science and technology policy;
- Identify the key issues that are impacting and will continue to impact on business from an innovation, skills and technology perspective;
- Promote the development of a strong, internationally competitive innovation system;
- Develop thinking in relation to these issues and inform a programme of work that will begin to address them;
- Engage with key stakeholders from relevant agencies and government departments to advance the business view and to support business R&D activity;
- Identify and promote the business opportunities presented by innovation, science and technology