Established by Technology Ireland in 2011, TechBrew is an informal gathering of software company management and technology leaders, getting together to chat over a bite and a beer.
The focus of TechBrew is on strategic and management issues faced by business managers, technology leaders and product managers within the Irish software industry.
TechBrew is a new style of informal networking forum, with the opportunity to discuss and share your views, challenge the conventional wisdom, and meet and learn from your peers. The first part of the TechBrew follows the evening’s given theme, offers a number of people a soapbox for 10 minutes each (no slides just experience) and provides everyone with the opportunity to contribute and air their views. This is followed by informal networking, where you can grab a pint, a bite to eat, and chat with fellow attendees and industry experts.
- Exchange ideas, network, form alliances and focus on technology and growth.
- Discuss how your ideas, breakthroughs and challenges are affecting your company's business.
- Meet with other software start-ups and established companies, get their feedback and input.
Some of the topics to date have included:
The current TechBrew moderator is Donagh Kiernan, CEO & Founder of Tenego Partnering.
- Challenges and opportunities of Agile Product Management
- Angel Investors - what’s on their minds?
- How do you pick the “right” person for the job?
- Selling your software abroad; How, When and Where
- Zen and the Art of Pricing,
- 'Agile Scrums and Awkward Tackles!' - is Agile development triumph or trouble?