Our overall aim is to boost Ireland’s capacity for innovation. Investment in innovation and knowledge development is a key factor in driving sustainable economic growth. Chaired by Cathriona Hallahan, Managing Director, Microsoft Ireland, the committee works on initiatives that aims to drive innovation at the business level, develop links between industry and researchers, build the skills base and maximise the return on R&D investment for economic and social progress .
The policy priorities over the coming year are:
- - Increase Government focus on research, development and innovation;
- Developing a competitive enterprise support system for research and innovation;
- Increase Irish participation in Horizon 2020 and preparedness for Horizon Europe;
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and human capital;
- Foster industry linkages and collaboration with research and industry partners;
- Developing an horizon scanning and challenge-led approach to innovation.